An update

Reading in bed. No babies allowed.
Last week I wrote a post about how tough things are at the moment. It was daunting to open up and talk about it on here but I'm glad I did. Thank you for all your advice and support. Sometimes being a mama can be lonely, confusing, hard work. It's good to be reminded that there are others out there going through the same shit, coping, not coping, picking up the pieces, getting on with it. I feel better for sharing. Here's some positive stuff that's happened since then:
  • We moved Elizabeth into her own room on Saturday and she is sleeping better already. We've had a couple of 5hr stretches, she's gone down for her daytime naps with no fuss and yesterday she slept for 1.5hrs at lunch time. FIRST TIME EVER!
  • Now we have our room back I have rekindled one of my favourite past times - reading in bed. I didn't realise how much I missed it. How good does it feel to snuggle in bed with a book before going to sleep? So much better than being glued to the TV. I am already sleeping better and feeling more myself.
  • We booked tickets to see Fleetwood Mac in Stockholm! London was sold out and pre-baby we'd always talked about doing a city break centred round a gig (Justice in Paris was the dream). E'll be over 1 by the time the concert rocks round and staying with her Grandparents so we'll get some much needed couple time. I've always wanted to go to Stockholm too. Bonus.
  • Matt has booked Friday off work to spend the day with us. He's been doing 17hr days recently (I'm not even exaggerating) and we've missed him. Happy. 
Oh go on then

    8 comments:

    1. Glad to hear it! Reading in bed is the best. I have to admit I sleep much better since Amelie's been in her own room. And Stockholm? Couple time is so rare but so sweet now isn't it?!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yes! I can barely remember what it feels like. Not sure what we'll talk about...Elizabeth probably!

        Delete
    2. because.we.are.your.friends
      ...sorry, had to. Can I come to Paris too? I could definitely do with a break!
      Mothering ain't easy, but glad life is better with E in her own room...ah the written word, it's taken me almost a year to read my current book when I would often read 3 or 4 at a time.
      One day...soon!
      x

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. A fellow Justice fan! I started a book in July and am still only half way through. fail.

        Delete
    3. I'm glad things are going better for you. Reading in bed is the best!

      Johanna

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm so glad the room move has improved the sleeping situation. And FM in Stockholm? You set the date day bar pretty high!

      The wheel's always turning (as I try to remind myself on the hard days) - I'm glad you are feeling better

      (and 17hr days = So crappy. I hope that eases off soon)

      xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. thanks :) Yup, 17hr days but we do get a decent holiday every now and then. It's a trade off...
        xx

        Delete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...