7 months

Here we are again, little lady. Another month older...and what a month it's been. The hardest yet, for me anyway - I don't think Elizabeth has noticed! For her the month has been full. It started with tentative bum shuffling and ended with a cavalier attempt at crawling. Whatever the method one thing is for sure: she is on the move. Also new this month: pulling herself up to standing. Her preferred location for practicing this is in her cot, but, ever the opportunist, she will have ago wherever she can - I now understand why so many women cut their hair once they have kids! Ouch.

We have new sounds. There's still a lot of high pitched squealing and grunting (esp. when fed up with being in the high chair/car seat/push chair) but there is also now 'Ba ba' and...'Ma ma' YES! The first time she said it she was upset (more bloody teething) and cried into my chest 'ma ma'. Heart melting. Now she looks at me and says it, so I know it's not an accident. Wow.
Not a lot to say about eating. She's still doing it. Still not a fan of apple or anything too sharp. She's getting better with her sippy cup although always seems a bit offended by the water inside it. We've done a little bit of baby led weaning (mostly because I got fed up with pureeing stuff), just toast and some carrot batons, it's going ok.

Sleeping has been mixed. We've had our worst night and our best this month. Moving her to her own room and (sob) stopping breastfeeding have made a massive difference. Both have been incredibly emotional for me but luckily Lizzie seems none the wiser and is finally sleeping better.
I'm sure she is going to become quite the little madam. Everywhere we go she is the centre of attention. Cooed at and fussed over endlessly. And who can help it? I would literally do anything to make her smile.

This month you have been to 2 birthday parties, made 3 trips to London, started eating in your high chair, moved into your own room and learned to wave hello and goodbye. You clever little thing! 

8 comments:

  1. Oh. this post made me smile so. your sweet elizabeth is so clearly loved and adored. lovely, lovely pictures to boot as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you. She really is! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another blogger I follow just recommended baby led weaning and I just bought a couple of books. It looks wonderful! I can't wait to try it out. :) Also, she looks beautiful and happy. Two traits of a well loved child! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is easier than pureeing! I think it's good as long as you're not too concerned about the qtys they eat...a whole lot ends up on the floor!

      Delete
  4. So adorable!! Moving our little one to her room and stopping breastfeeding were both two milestones I found terribly emotional :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just me then! It's things like this that I never expected to be so hard.

      Delete
  5. Yay for seven months! And for saying mama! (I am resigned to being Dada here. Hmph)
    Stopping breastfeeding is a hard transition.
    And baby led weaning worked really well for us, appealing to my lack of patience for pureeing too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dada is not so bad - My friends son refers to her as 'Mr Nipples'! One of the lesser known Mr Men...
      I am finding baby led weaning to be a bit of a lifesaver at the moment. When all else fails resort to toast.
      xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...