Flats

I am a flats kind of girl. I spent the last decade comfortably running about in converse and brogues, progressing to my first pair of churches last year (bought from Bicester Village of course) But it hasn't always been so. I had a brief dalliance with heels in my chav-y teens - a pair of wedge trainers and some 6 inch cork platforms - you can blame the spice girls for that. More recently I even bought a pair for my hen do. A sensible black shoe boot pair from Wallis. I've worn them twice. I just don't do heels well. Some women say they make them feel sexy, feminine, powerful, and when worn well they are all those things, but the most they have ever made me feel is a bit silly. Feminine in the wrong way. Self-consciously girly. So flats it is. They are having a bit of a moment right now and there's loads of lovely pairs out there. Some of my favourites, pictured below, are from tax-dodging Topshop, dammit. It's easy to stay mad at Starbucks with their shit excuse for coffee but Topshop do keep making such nice stuff...

Untitled #5Clockwise from top left - TOPSHOP MARNIE 2 Part Pointed Shoes £28, ASOS LAUNCH Pointed Ballet Flats £25, Dr Martens Johan Shoe £100, ASOS LONGING Flat Shoes with Metal T-Bar £28, Russell & Bromley The Club studded slipper £245, TOPSHOP MARTINA T Bar Geek Shoes £30, Bertie Molenta Coral Maryjane Flat Shoes £65, Women’s Soller (White) Leather Sandals | H by Hudson £80, TOPSHOP KONNIE Cage Cut Out Shoes £42

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...